The mission of One Great Day of Service (OGD) is to provide opportunities to go beyond our walls and be God’s light in our community through service. We hope to foster long-term relationships by introducing our congregation to local agencies and to bring our community of faith together through fellowship.
We invite you to make plans with us to go beyond our walls and serve one of twenty-eight service projects with local agencies and non-profits. There will be projects available for all abilities and ages, and we encourage you to think of ways you might serve with your friends, small groups, or family.
One Great Day of Service
10:30am - ONE abbreviated worship service
· Drop off children ages birth - Pre-K in appropriate room for OGD childcare.
· Meet Project Leader on the patio, pick up lunch, directions, and depart for project.
· A sack lunch will be provided for all One Great Day participants including children in childcare.
3pm or before - Pick up children at WPC following project completion.
NEW Westminster T-shirts will be available for purchase between worship services or in the Church Office for $5 each. Please wear a new or well-loved Westminster T-shirt to worship on One Great Day of Service.
Four Ways to Register:
1. Online below.
2. Complete a paper registration form for all participants, located outside the Church Office.
3. Between worship services on Sunday mornings September 8, 15, and 22.
4. Walk-in registration on Sunday, September 29 after worship.
Your project leader will contact you with details the week of September 23.
Children and Youth
Children grades K-12 will participate in projects with their families or a responsible adult. Please note the appropriate age range listed for each project. All children age 14 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
For ages birth through Pre-K, childcare will be provided after worship until 3pm. Registration is required for OGD Childcare by Sunday, September 22 by emailing Sally Zeillmann, email@example.com.