Get Physically and Spiritually Fit
Westminster’s Fitness Ministry nurtures good health—both spiritual and physical—through programs that strengthen our bodies. Church members and community members are welcome to attend all classes.
- Fitness Sampler: Mondays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 pm, Fellowship Hall of the Friendly Avenue Campus. Instruction includes aerobics, yoga, zumba, circuit, toning, pilates and stretch.
- Gentle Fitness: Tuesdays and Fridays 11-11:50 am, Fellowship Hall of the Friendly Avenue Campus. This class takes a gentler and slower approach to the whole body workout by incorporating weights, tubes, stability balls, small balls, dowels, balance, and chair/wall pilates.
- Yoga: Level 1 yoga is offered in the Fellowship Hall of the Friendly Campus Tuesdays at 9:30am, Tuesdays at 5:45pm and Saturdays at 9:00am.
- WestPres Paddlers: Periodically meets for paddling in kayaks or canoes on area lakes and rivers in the spring and summer months. Contact Butch Sherrill , Lynda Purcell at (336) 951-2751 or send her an email or Marty Horley at (336) 643-4974(h) or (336) 312-4086(c) or send him an email for more information.
- Men's Softball: Games are played at Rankin Field 3301 Summit Ave. and Revolution Field 220 Yanceyville St. April thru June.